I like to make this recipe as sliders but you can easily increase the quantities to make it into a regular-sized burger. Hints of mint, lemon and feta are work beautifully when combined in this flavorful lamb burger.
1/3 pound ground lamb
1/2 teaspoon finely minced fresh mint
1 small clove garlic, chopped
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Greek-style plain yogurt
1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Cooking spray, for grilling
1-2 thin slices red onion
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small hamburger roll, split
2-3 cucumber slices, for serving
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine lamb and mint. Place garlic on a cutting board and add salt on top. Using flat side of a knife, gently mash salt into garlic to make a paste. Transfer to bowl with lamb, season with pepper and gently combine together. Form lamb into a burger.
3. In a small bowl, combine ingredients for lemon-feta sauce and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Carefully coat grill with cooking spray. Place lamb burger on grill and cook until lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes, or until desired doneness.
5. Meanwhile, brush onion slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place onions on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until nicely charred.
6. Transfer burger to roll and top with lemon-feta sauce, sliced cucumbers and grilled red onions.