Cooking for one can sometimes be a challenge because I’m always looking for ways to incorporate my ingredients in different ways so I don’t feel like I’m eating the same thing all week. Case in point, vegetables. And the larger the vegetable, the longer it takes to eat it up. Zucchini is in abundance right now, but thankfully there are a lot of different ways to enjoy it. Here are a few of my favorites:
– grilled. Cut into thick slices, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill until lightly charred. Enjoy as is or like this. Grill a few extra and toss with couscous or quinoa (for a quick meal later in the week).
– diced. Simply sauté up some zucchini and onions in a pan with a bit of olive oil, stir in some eggs and you have a quick meal in no time.
– raw. If have haven’t tried them raw, try this.
– with friends. in fritters.
– in place of pasta. cut zucchini into long, thin strips and sauté in a pan with some olive oil until softened. serve with tomato sauce and some really good Parmigiano-Reggiano grated over the top.
How do you like to eat zucchini?Pin It