For anyone who loves this candy bar, these truffles are for you. It’s all the same flavors in a perfect little truffle (or two, or three). But if you happen to be one of those people who prefer Mounds to Almond Joy, don’t worry, simply omit the almonds from the tops of the truffles. Either way, these little truffles are really easy to make and totally addicting.
1/4 cup unsalted almonds
2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place almonds in bowl of a small food processor (or by hand) and chop until fine crumbs form (these will just dust tops of truffles so crumbs need to be pretty fine). Spread almond crumbs out onto a baking sheet and toast until just lightly brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine coconut with sweetened condensed milk until thoroughly mixed. Cover and refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside. Remove bowl from refrigerator and using a teaspoon, roll into round truffles. Place rolled truffles on prepared baking sheet and place in freezer to chill, about 15 minutes.
5. Fill a saucepan with a little bit of water. Place a glass bowl on top, making sure water in pan doesn’t touch bottom of bowl. Add chocolate to bowl and simmer over low heat until chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
6. Remove truffles from freezer and working quickly, roll each one in chocolate using a teaspoon, coating well on all sides. Place truffles back on parchment and dust with a little bit of almonds on top of each one. Allow to chill until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
Makes approximately 12.Pin It