This is a simple, easy way to dress up plain BBQ chicken. It’s slightly sweet with just a hint of great citrus flavor from the orange.
1 bone-in breast of chicken, with skin on
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons orange juice and zest
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
2. Brush chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, combine honey and orange juice and zest until smooth. Set aside.
4. Place chicken on grill, skin-side down and grill until a nice char forms, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken and baste skin side with sauce. Cook for 15-20 minutes, turning and basting chicken, about every 5 minutes. Grill until golden brown and cooked through.
5. Transfer to a cutting board, tent with aluminum foil and let chicken rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.