These muffins are packed with fresh blueberries but use less sugar than most so add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of sugar if you might want them a little sweeter.
Cooking spray, for greasing
1/2 cup flour, plus extra for dusting
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, wheat germ, baking powder and salt.
3. Using an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed. Add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly add flour mixture, until just combined. Add milk, and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
5. In a small bowl, toss blueberries with about 1 tablespoon flour, shaking off excess. Gently fold into batter. Divide batter evenly in prepared muffin tin. Bake until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 2 muffins.